For web developers looking for an easy programming language with a nominal learning curve, PHP is considered by many to be the easiest to use to create dynamic web pages. Popular websites including FaceBook, Digg.com, WordPress, several Google web services, and the early years of YouTube are each products of PHP.
PHP, or Hypertext Preprocessor, was introduced in 1994 as Personal Home Page as an adaptation from Perl and C programming languages. Although questions linger about potential security risks with PHP hosting, most developers argue new versions address such security issues and put their stock in PHP’s security and reliability advancements. Most current PHP hosting plans are affordable and use the LAMP (Linux OS, Apache server software, MySQL database and PHP/Perl programming language) infrastructure.
When looking for the best PHP host, the criteria are really no different than when comparing to any other hosting platform. Hosting features such as available disk space, bandwidth, network uptime, pricing, customer support and money back guarantees are each important aspects to consider before making a final choice. Keep in mind also that PHP is not compatible with all programs and applications.
PHP Hosting Options
Garnering the best web hosting provided for your PHP needs is critical. There are several web hosts that stand out and have a stellar reputation as the best PHP hosts, and these include the following:
- – HostGator – HostGator is a leading PHP host among many satisfied customers. The host offers unlimited disk space and bandwidth, free building tools and templates and award-winning technical support around the clock. Basic plans start at $3.96 per month.
- – InMotion Hosting – Another dependable web host that offers customers business class web hosting plans with unlimited disk space and bandwidth starting at $5.95 per month. InMotion Hosting also provides the Max Speed Zone service which allows users to select data centers closer in location to improve speed up to 6 times.
- – Bluehost – A professional web hosting service that delivers unlimited domain hosting, hosting space, bandwidth, e-mail accounts, 99.9% network uptime guarantee, secure shell and $75 free Google credit. Bluehost also offers an anytime money back guarantee and free instant setup with basic professional hosting plans starting at $5.95 per month.
- – HostMonster – A reputable host offering unlimited disk space and bandwidth, domains, e-mail accounts, free domain, site builder, online stores, WordPress, cPanel and $75 Google Adwords credit starting at $5.95 per month.
- – WebHostingPad – An affordable web host that offers unlimited features such as hosting space, bandwidth, e-mail accounts, autoresponders, MySQL databases, parked domains, and cPanel control panel. The 5-year plan begins at $1.99 per month for a limited time.
While there are numerous PHP hosts to select from, finding the best host is feasible; however, be prepared for some serious research commitment and a wise investments of your resources.
Readers Who Read This Article Also Read