How to Choose the Best ASP HostingPosted by in Articles
ASP, or Active Server Pages, hosting is a popular server-side with HTML scripting platform accommodating the needs of dynamic websites and other applications, typically hosted on a Windows server (NT server). An .asp extension found on the URL address identifies ASP web pages.
ASP Hosting is the ideal platform for developers to hone in on creativity skills and expand the possibilities of customized web design solutions. Furthermore, users would have access to Microsoft’s enhanced programming technologies and be able to create dynamic pages complete with an attractive array of robust functionalities.
Among some of the popular ASP-supported applications include ASP shopping cart, Livio WEB Calendar, MegaBBS message board, dBlog, and VisuBox live chat. ASP hosting services also support for PHP, Perl, Python, and CGI,as well as add-ons such as Miva Merchant and ColdFusion. Business clients opt for ASP hosting for integrating in-house databases and customer service applications.
What You Need to Know
With the basics of ASP Hosting covered and out of the way, what do you need to know about choosing the best ASP Hosting to meet your needs? First, ensure the host supports all of your scripting needs. Also, opt for an ASP host that offers you unlimited disk space, bandwidth, and number of domains. Other options and features you should add to your checklist include e-mail accounts, databases, Webmail (ASPEmail or ASPformMail), Web-based control panel, FTP access, and E-commerce support.
It’s also important that your host provide reliable and convenient customer service support to resolve your technical difficulties that never fail to arise at the most inconvenient times. Non-essential features may include applications such as live chat options, blogs, photo galleries and discussion forums.
ASP Hosting Options
Now that you understand the benefits and overall utilization of ASP hosting, the question beckons, where do I find a reliable provider? When choosing the best ASP hosting, you may want to consider one of the following leading ASP hosts in the industry:
- – 1&1 – With over 9 million customers, the fully scalable web host offers 250GB disk space and unlimited bandwidth for $4.99 per month with a 90-day satisfaction guarantee.
- – CoolHandle – A professional web hosting service that also offers unlimited bandwidth and disk space, free domain name and privacy, SEO tools, and 24×7 technical support for a competitive price currently on sale for $4.95 per month.
- – MyHosting – The web host offers an inclusive plan with the basic tools and features required to host professional websites which includes unlimited disk space, bandwidth, domain hosting, domain name and Outlook e-mail starting at $4.84 per month.
- – Superb Web Hosting – An ASP web host offering a universal plan meeting the needs of sites with heavy traffic which includes 50GB disk space, 750GB bandwidth, 2500 e-mails, and 5 MySQL databases starting at $8.50 per month.
- – IX Web Hosting – A web host that provides ASP Hosting featuring unlimited services such as web space, bandwidth, hosted and sub domains, data transfer and 7 day free trial for $4.95 per month.
- – Network Solutions – Another popular web host offering ASP hosting; the basic package includes 300GB disk space and 3000GB bandwidth starting at $4.99 per month.
Although there are numerous other available ASP hosting solutions, the above list is a great place to begin your quest for choosing the best ASP host.
Readers Who Read This Article Also Read